An expatriate (or "expat" for short) is a person living and working in a country that is not their home country. They may have been sent there by their employer on a work assignment, may have moved there on their own for personal or professional reasons, or as an accompanying spouse. They may also be students studying abroad or retirees who have chosen to live in a foreign country.
Living as an expat can be a challenging and rewarding experience, as it allows individuals to immerse themselves in a new culture and gain unique life experiences.
Expat coaching is similar to life coaching or career coaching but within the context of living overseas.
Expat coaches also help their clients adjust to their new surroundings, build a support network, and develop strategies for coping with the stress and isolation that often accompany their new expat life.
Our expat coaching is specifically designed to help women living and working in a foreign country navigate the cultural, social, and psychological challenges that come with living in a new and unfamiliar environment.
Learn more about expat coaching in our blog post : Expat Coaching Explained
We are here to help you live a vibrant and fulfilled expat life. We do that through our experiences as expats, our training as coaches and our integration of the Japanese philosophy of ikigai.
Whether you are contemplating expatriation, have just arrived in a new country or have been an expat for a while, our coaching will help you feel happier, more fulfilled and better integrated in your new expat life.
Some of the ways we support our clients are:
- Preparation: we can help you prepare for your move abroad by addressing any concerns and helping you develop a plan for a smooth transition.
- Career development: we help you navigate career opportunities in your new country, including career transitions and job search strategies, and we support you in reaching your professional goals.
- Support and encouragement: we provide support and guidance as you navigate the challenges of living in a new country, such as culture shock and homesickness and give encouragement throughout your transition, helping you to overcome challenges and stay motivated.
- Cultural adaptation: we help you to understand and adapt to the cultural differences, cultural norms, and ways of life, reducing culture shock and making your transition smoother.
- Network building: we can help you build a network of contacts, including other expats and local resources, to help you feel more connected to your new home.
- Improved communication: we help you improve your communication skills, including language learning, to help you better connect with others in your new home.
- Clarity and direction: we help you gain clarity on what you want to achieve as an expat and create a plan for how to get there.
- Personal growth: Moving to a new country can be a transformative experience, and we help you maximize your personal growth and development.
We provide you with the support, guidance, and tools you need to make the most of your expat experience and thrive in your new home.
With over 20 years of combined expat experience in seven different countries, and four languages spoken between us, we are well-seasoned expat women who understand the challenges and the beauty of living abroad.
After years of experience, multiple expatriations and lots of trial and error, we have turned into confident, fulfilled and integrated expat women - no matter where on the globe we land.
We are both certified NLP Master Life Coaches (iNLP Coaching), and are accredited Associate Certified Coaches (ACC) through the International Coaches Federation.
We are both certified Ikigai Life Coaches (Ikigai Tribe)
Karly is a trained practitioner in mindfulness and is pursuing a yoga teacher training certification as part of her own personal development.
Karly also holds a BA in International Relations and a MA in International Development. Before becoming a coach, Karly worked in international development focusing mainly on human rights and refugee resettlement in the non-profit sector.
Chloé is in the process of obtaining her certification in Positive Psychology to add another tool to her coaching skillset.
Chloé also holds a Masters in Geology and a PhD in Geosciences. Before becoming a coach, Chloé worked in the energy sector for a large French company.
Karly works with English-speaking clients and is located in Annecy, France. The website in English connects you to Karly’s calendars (Central European Standard Time - CET).
Chloé works with French-speaking clients and is located in Houston, TX (USA). The website in French connects you to Chloé’s calendar (Central Standart Time - CST).
*All services and resources are available in French and in English
Coaching sessions take place via Zoom, which means that no matter where you are in the world, we can connect. You will be scheduling the day and time that works best for you using Calendly. We are always open to adding slots depending on your situation or the time change you may experience in your country.
If you’d like to get in touch with us to ask a question or discuss your unique situation please send us an email or book a free discovery call today. We’d be happy to connect and answer any questions you may have, so don’t hesitate! We’d love to hear from you!